The Periscope

artifact_05

The periscope comes from the U190, the German submarine that surrendered at Bay Bulls at the end of WWII. The German crew were transferred at sea to Canadian ships and taken to Halifax. The U190 was brought into St. John’s by an Allied crew and then taken to Halifax. It was briefly commissioned in the RCN as HMCS U190. It was scuttled in 1947 in the approaches to Halifax Harbour.

|  View More Artifacts
← Go Back